INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We (and our authorized service providers) collect information supplied by you via the Platform, other websites operated by us or any of our Platform customer service channels including without limitation on the phone, via email, during Personal Shopping visits or via our Live Chat feature (where available). We and such service providers also collect information when you visit our Platform, other websites operated by us or from third parties authorized to share your information with us. We and our authorized service providers may collect some of this information even if you are not a registered user or do not place an Order.
This information may include:
- contact and personal details such as: name, delivery address, phone number, email address, billing and payment information, date of birth, gift recipient details, gender, nationality and Personal Shopping preferences;
- website statistical information such as: your location, the URL you use to access the Platform, browser or device type/unique fingerprint, your computer’s IP address and domain type, which pages you visited, search terms you entered, items you clicked on;
- transactional information such as: orders you placed, items you purchased, date and time of order as well as orders you decided not to complete or items you placed in your basket and discarded, preferences you have indicated to us, requested personalization of items;
- information from third parties such as: couriers, payment providers or through the Amber Programme;
- information you supply to us via online or offline surveys, competitions or product registration.
Please note that your full payment card details are captured only for the purposes of processing your transaction and are not stored, sold or rented by us. Your full payment card details are not available to our staff. All card transactions are managed by trusted, certified and legally authorized partners who are responsible for ensuring that your payment details remain secure during the payment process.
Where you provide the information of a third party to us, you are confirming that you have their consent to do so.
Our Platform uses first party cookies (very small files that are sent by us to your computer or other access device) and other similar technologies which we can access when you visit our Platform in the future. We may also use third party cookies.
There are five types of cookies:
Platform functionality cookies These cookies enable you to browse the Platform and use our features such as shopping baskets.
Platform analytics cookies We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the Platform. This allows us to continuously improve our Platform and your shopping experience.
Customer preference cookies When browsing or shopping online, the Platform will remember your preferences (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
Third-party service provider cookies We may work with third party companies whom we authorize to place third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies for storing information on the Platform. These service providers help us to provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience. These service providers may use these technologies in the ways described above and in addition may help us and you to avoid fraud.
By using our Platform you agree that we and they can place these types of cookies on your device and access them whenever you visit the Platform or other websites operated by us.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Platform.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We (and/or the entities or companies listed in the “Who may we share information with” section below) may use your information including for the following purposes:
- for any purpose associated with the processing or fulfillment of your Order or to provide any service you request from us;
- to verify and execute financial transactions you make through the Platform, including procuring credit checks or performing fraud detection;
- to assist you with your customer service queries or provide information you have requested;
- to manage your account;
- to provide you with a personalized or improved shopping experience;
- for analytical or statistical purposes;
- for marketing purposes including communicating promotional information about us, our partners and our websites, through newsletters and remarketing ads. This is subject to whether you have opted out of receiving such communications;
- to improve our service offering or Platform;
- to combine it with information we already hold lawfully through other sources;
- to protect our rights, safety or the safety of others including for fraud prevention;
- for any purpose required by law or regulation.
We offer a Live Chat feature to assist you with queries you may have. Where available we may record and store all chat conversations. These transcripts are only accessed for customer service purposes.
WHO MAY WE USE INFORMATION WITH
We may share your information with any of the following:
- our group companies;
- carefully selected third parties with whom we have a relationship and who may contact you or utilize your data only for reasons pre-agreed with us, including marketing;
- service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as: payment processing, information technology, Platform maintenance, surveys and market research, warehousing and logistics, couriers, advertising and marketing or any service required to process your Order;
- our professional services providers such as: legal, audit, financial and insurance advisers;
- any assignee, successor operator or prospective purchaser of the Platform or of us;
- any legal, regulatory, law enforcement, government or municipal bodies;
- any gift recipient or provider of any warranty in relation to your Order.
CONTACTING US & OPTING OUT OF CERTAIN COMMUNICATIONS
When you first register with us you will be able to choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us or our carefully selected third parties. Whenever you receive a marketing communication or newsletter from us (which may be by email, SMS, push notification, telephone or direct mail), you will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe. In addition, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us as described above. You may also request rectification of any incorrect data displayed in your online Account by contacting us or in certain cases, you may be able to directly amend certain information online.
MEASURES WE PUT IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR DATA
Information you provide to us via our Platform is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out through our Platform will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer technology. It is your responsibility to keep any Platform passwords or login codes issued to or chosen by you, confidential.
We have implemented various steps to safeguard the integrity of our information technology infrastructure, including by implementing authentication, monitoring, auditing, and encryption technology. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of the Platform as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content and the electronic transmission of information. Despite such efforts, generally the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and its security can never be guaranteed. Any transmission of data via our Platform is therefore carried out at your own risk.
Your data may be transferred to, and stored in or outside, the United Arab Emirates. In submitting your data to us and using our Platform, you acknowledge that your data may be sent to countries with differing levels of laws in the field of personal data protection. We require all third parties to whom any personal data is disclosed to keep it secure, treat it as confidential and use it only for the purposes agreed with us.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES